Thursday, March 19, 2015

A Baby Cardigan

Baby items are a frequent request here in the shop - many knitters want to make blankets, sweaters, booties or hats for new little loved ones.

Beth came by the other day with a pattern she wanted to knit for a friend as a shower gift. The pattern was In Threes: A Baby Cardigan by Kelly Herdrich. If you are not familiar with it check it out as it is a great pattern. You can buy it in the shop through Ravelry In Store Sales.


It is a short sleeve cardigan and goes from size 0-6 months to age 5 which is a generous size range for a pattern like this.

Beth chose a Spud & Chloe Sweater in Turtle 7514 for hers and after she left I chose Spud & Chloe Sweater in Ice Cream 7500 to knit for my cousins baby Charlotte. I am doing the 12 months size so that she will get to wear it for more than a minute. So far it has been a very fast knit and I am excited about adding some fun buttons. My progress is pictured below:


I think this will become a staple pattern in my repertoire as it really is such a great design. You can knit it a size larger so they can wear it like a tunic style vest and grow into it. Spud & Chloe Sweater is a great yarn choice as it is machine washable (and if you forget it in the dryer it should be ok). A great combination that makes a great sweater!

No comments: