Thursday, March 10, 2016

An Important Message from Patricia

March 9, 2016

Dear Friends and Customers,

After twelve years owning Patricia’s Yarns, I have made the difficult decision to accept a full-time position at a New York City-based textiles company. Although I am excited about my new career, I will greatly miss Patricia’s Yarns and, especially, all of you. Patricia’s Yarns is more than a local business, it is a wonderful community of the best people in and around Hoboken.

To celebrate (yes, we will celebrate!) our twelve years in business, we will be holding our final sale. All merchandise will be discounted, we will have treats, raffles, give-aways, and hugs (lots of hugs). So stop in between now and April and save on all yarns, books, patterns, needles, samples, and notions (hugs are free). 

The celebration sale will begin Thursday March 10th with all merchandise a minimum of 30% off.

Many people may speculate why I am leaving. I want to be clear, it is not because of you (you are wonderful and have always supported me); it is not because of rent (I signed a long-term lease); and it is not because “Hoboken is not business friendly” as I was recently told (on the contrary, Hoboken was the perfect place for my 27-year-old self to start a retail shop). In short, I have accepted an incredible job that will allow more nights and weekends with Adam and Grace (and Riley).

Thank you so much for your support over the last twelve years. I look forward to celebrating with you in the coming weeks.

All the best,
Patricia Scribner

Owner, Patricia’s Yarns

No comments: