Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Presenting Churchmouse Patterns

A little birdy named Clare suggested strongly that I look into knitting patterns from Churchmouse - I had seen some before, like the Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf... 




and knew that they were very pretty, classic patterns. So I took her advice and ordered a bunch of different patterns. Good advice little birdy. 


The first pattern that I made into a shop sample was Barb's Koigu Ruffle Scarf. 


It was a very quick fun knit that resulted in a very ruffled scarf that looks great with a fitted jacket.  


Keeping with the Churchmouse pattern scarf theme I cast on the Bias Before & After scarf which I am thoroughly enjoying as it is knit with lace weight yarn and I am using the Fil Royal from Zitron which is a gorgeous 100% baby alpaca yarn. 



The pattern, in typical Churchmouse fashion, is so well thought out and written clearly that you are pretty much guaranteed success and a beautiful accessory upon completion.  I look forward to posting my finished "Bias Before & After Scarf" but here it is in progress. 


Happy Memorial Day Weekend. 

No comments: